Chris, age 12
Better than a lot of other game camps…We got to work in teams and learn Unity.
Sean had a good time and it was pretty amazing what they could accomplish in 2 weeks!
Sofia, age 12
It was fun touring Backflip and seeing how they make the parts [for Dragonvale].
Christopher, instructor and parent
I love that first day when a shy kid just lights up when we start talking about games.
Learn more about DreamQuest Academy
DreamQuest Academy Recent Posts
- Week 1 of our new FUNdamentals of Game Design class is in the bag! Our instructors, Jacob (email@example.com) and Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org) were delighted to see so many students excited to learn game development in Unity. Here’s a quick rundown of what we accomplished in week 1, and what students can look forward to in week 2. Week […]Read More »
- On January 18, we held an event called the “Virtual Reality Game Jam” at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Idea Forge. We had over 50 kids attend and over 20 volunteers helping out. It was a full event. The kids were immediately filled with excitement as they were given the opportunity to explore and play […]Read More »
- We are very pleased to announce that we, here at Dream Quest Academy, have recently been granted status as a 501(c)(3) Non-profit by the IRS! What this change means for us is that we can now accept tax-deductible donations and grants, which we hope to use to help establish a scholarship fund for students to attend both our after-school […]Read More »
- Does teaching my child how to program computers really increase their long-term success educationally? We think this is such an important question and there have been a lot of articles written on the benefits. With our new after-school programs, we really can help kids develop their STEM and Problem-Solving Skills. Here’s an excerpt from the […]Read More »
- It’s time! DreamQuest Academy is proud to offer their new After-School Program! Starting October 5, 2015, for four weeks, DreamQuest Academy will be training kids how to build their own 3D video games using state-of-the-art programming techniques. It…will…be..epic! We have two locations where we will be offering this program. Louisville/Lafayette/Broomfield: M,W Nights from 4-6 P.M. […]Read More »
- Thank you to everyone who participated in our final two camps for the summer! We had such a great time and it is incredible to see our young students coding and creating while learning and leading. One new addition to the DreamQuest Academy Camps is the Advanced Camp. Created especially for kids who have completed […]Read More »
- Extra seats in our Denver / Littleton Camp Save $200 on 2-week Video Game Design Camp starting July 6th We only have 8 kids signed up for our new Denver / Littleton camp. If you are able to signup at the last minute, you can save $200 on this camp using coupon code JULY4TH https://dreamquest.org/register/s12/ Enchanted […]Read More »
- We are in our last two weeks before our camps begin and they have been filling out fast; as such we are offering a $100 off discount for our 2-week sessions so that even late students can register to our summer camp. Use LASTCHANCE coupon code during the registration process to get a $100 discount. […]Read More »
- Hey everyone, we are proud to present to you the games that won our last summer camp awards. During our camps last year we were absolutely blown away by the games our students planned, designed and made. Each team was rewarded with a Junior Developer Certificate; however, the best games were awarded in each […]Read More »
- We started doing community outreaches again this year where our main goal is to get kids excited about science through one of their main interests: video games. We are pursuing our mission to help the community by showing kids at schools or during coding events how much designing a game can be fun. Our 20-year […]Read More »
- We are hiring interns for this year’s summer camps. Last year, we were impressed by the quality of instructors we had and we will offer kids the same quality of teaching. One of our intern last year just became a lead instructor for this summer’s sessions, so there are opportunities for anyone wanting to […]Read More »
- Hey everyone, a heads up as we are participating to SuperKids Expo in Flatirons Crossing on April 11th. This expo will be a great way to connect with parents, and talk about our camp. We will be on stage to demonstrate how to build a video game so parents can see what kids do at our […]Read More »
- We are incredibly delighted to announce our 2-week sessions for Lafayette & Louisville from June 1-12 and July 20-31 are nearly sold out! And therefore we would like to take this opportunity to notify everyone we are already opening registrations for a new camp session in Lafayette/Louisville. This session will be held in a […]Read More »
- STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics education. In recent years, schools have become more and more aware of the importance of these three disciplines. And not only these areas of education are important, but they also need to be taught and linked together. Later on this connected knowledge will be necessary […]Read More »
- We are thrilled to show you our video about our vision and our dedication to kids for this year’s 2015 summer camps: At our summer camp, we guide kids into learning and using skills to make amazing experiences. Creativity is the key to help kids put their newly learnt skills into practice, so that not […]Read More »